Oracle offers precision medicine software
Oracle Health Sciences announced Oracle Healthcare Precision Medicine, software that connects genetic testing, report generation, and clinical care decision-making.
Researchers and molecular pathologists face challenges in isolating clinically actionable information and creating individual diagnostic reports. Lack of traceability, scalability, data privacy/security, siloed tools, disparate terminologies, and varied workflows all contribute to their inability to collaborate on the best therapy for the patient, Oracle said in a statement.
The software is designed to addresses the data aggregation, knowledge exchange, normalization, and workflow issues that restrict the timely creation of patient molecular profiles. The solution aims to allow a wide range of experts to conduct seamless collaborations on “best treatment” plans for individual patients.
According to Oracle, key benefits of the software include:
- Full-spectrum testing from gene panels through whole genome sequencing.
- Accelerated test throughput via streamlined lab workflow.
- Consistent report design and simplified clinical action planning.
- Complete traceability for compliance requirements.
- Integration with electronic health record systems and third-party vendors for seamless clinical workflow and adoption.